- What is Surplus Property?
- Where is Surplus Property?
- Hours of Operation
- Where and When are Public Auctions?
- Who can Purchase from Surplus?
- Surplus Property Procedures
- How to Surplus Cubicle Systems?
- Disbursement of Funds
- Business Policy Manual, Section 308 Resale, Sale, or Disposal -Surplus Property
Surplus Disposal Software
- Training- (Guides on using Surplus software)
- Disposal/Re-Use Surplus Software
Forms(Please email the below forms to email@example.com)
- UM Form27: Property Inventory and Change Report
- UM Form48: Internal Order Form
- UM Form31: Electronic Storage Devices Residual Data Disposal Certificate & Instructions
Surplus Property is a part of the Procurement Services Department that is responsible for the disposal, re-distribution, and/or sale of used equipment/property that the University of Missouri and other Mid-Missouri government agencies and educational institutions no longer use. The sale of this equipment is handled through public auctions, sales, or online. A Disposal Request through our software must be completed and approved before items can be picked up. Surplus receives no General Operating(G.O.) funds. All salaries, benefits, operational, marketing and sales costs are paid by the 35% retained from the sale of surplus equipment.
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm (limited staff from 12-1)
No deliveries after 3:45pm.
Closed on major holidays. (list of major holidays)
Public auctions are held by Surplus Property every three(3) to four(4) weeks (usually on Wednesdays), and start promptly at 10:00am. Auctions are held at the Surplus Property warehouse, where the public and departments may bid on items. Auction flyers are emailed out the Friday prior to the public auction. If you would like to be included on the email list, please contact Frances Fisher.
All University of Missouri property and equipment at the Surplus Property warehouse is available to other University of Missouri departments at reasonable prices, and may be purchased up to close of business on the Thursday prior to public auctions/sales. Departments wishing to purchase items from the Surplus Property warehouse or from a Surplus Property public auction/sale, should complete the University of Missouri Internal Order Form(UM48). Surplused property and equipment from other Mid-Missouri government agencies and educational institutions can only be purchased at public auctions / sales.
June 15, 2016
Tiger Treasures Sale
June 4, 2016